Welcome

The current installment of the COEC began meeting in 2007.

We are currently on a "break," for no particular reason, and many little reasons - mostly pertaining to life circumstances. If anyone is interested in calling a meeting, feel free to post on the blog, join the google group (see link below) and send an email, or contact either Nancy (nancykj10@yahoo.com) or Jesse (schroeder.jesse@gmail.com) for more information.

To receive cohort emails, join our Google group.

2.26.2008

2 Questions

1) Meetup.com is a useful tool for connecting with people in the city. There are several meetup groups based upon "emergent Christianity" or "house churches." To officially start a meetup, you have to register which is like $15 a month or so. Do we think this could be helpful for connecting with more people in Columbus? Check out the site and lemme know what you think.

2) Are we going to continue meeting at 3pm on Sundays? Or move back to 7pm? Either time is fine for me. Votes?

4 comments:

Nick Johnson said...

I'm not sure if we need to pay to set something up in meetup.com. Actually, it looks like someone already has a link to our little blog on there.

I am fine with either time. I maybe like having meals later, but 3pm is nice because one has time to decompress a bit afterwards before heading into the week.

Greg said...

I've enjoyed the earlier meeting times, but am open to either possibility. For those with nighttime church commitments, perhaps the 3-5 time makes the most sense.

I wish there was a way to gauge the pervasiveness of a website like meetup.com. Does anyone know of other sites like it that are free? Another idea would be to create a facebook group.

Noel said...

I don't really know about meetup.com, I'm not exactly clear on how it works and if with our blog, we need to pay to recruit people. I like Greg's idea to create a facebook group, lots of the big books coming out have one.
Also, I like the later time as I usually work on Sundays, and can feel rushed to get from place to place. I also like it because I use Sunday during the day as a time to "catch up" on work that didn't get done during the week. It's not a huge deal, though.

Kristen Kuzmick said...

I think that it may be more beneficial to create a facebook group than pay for a spot at meetup. I've seen several facebook groups for emergent cohorts all over the country and I've joined the emergent village group, which has a lot of cool discussions and resources.

It sounds like we've decided to meet at Global Gallery this Sunday at 3. That works fine for me, though in the future, I'd prefer to meet in the evenings so that I have Sunday during the day to get work done. But that's just my two sense... I'm pretty flexible.

I really enjoyed Greg's show last night and I'm glad we could all hang out after at Mac's. See you all tomorrow!!!