Welcome

The current installment of the COEC began meeting in 2007.

We are currently on a "break," for no particular reason, and many little reasons - mostly pertaining to life circumstances. If anyone is interested in calling a meeting, feel free to post on the blog, join the google group (see link below) and send an email, or contact either Nancy (nancykj10@yahoo.com) or Jesse (schroeder.jesse@gmail.com) for more information.

To receive cohort emails, join our Google group.

1.17.2011

This Sunday: Food for the Soul

This Sunday, January 23rd, we will gather for a discussion about how eating together can be seen as spiritual formation. And, appropriately, we will eat together! 

Location: Jesse & Kellye's House
Time: 5:30-8:00pm
Details: I want to discuss an article entitle "Food for the Soul" by Lisa McMinn. It raises some questions and challenges about understanding eating and the food we eat as spiritual formation and a just action. While we talk about the article, we will eat! Kellye will prepare most of the food, but it would be great if a few people could volunteer to bring either a bottle of wine or a dessert.

Please leave a comment to say if you are coming so we can be sure to have enough food. 

Also, I have uploaded the article as a .pdf if you are interested in reading it before the gathering. You can access it here. 

6 comments:

Scot said...

we'll be there with a dessert:)

Adam Newby said...

Kara is coming down with whatever I had, so will probably not be there. But I will plan on coming with Henry. I'll bring a bottle of wine.

Nick Johnson said...

I'll be there. I've got a bottle of white, so Adam, if you haven't gotten yours yet, maybe go red.

Kristen Kuzmick said...

I'll be there! Can't wait to see everyone.

NancyJ said...

I'll be there. Looking forward to it!

Chris and Julie said...

Chris and I plan to come! We'll bring some fresh fruit.
Looking forward to seeing you!