We would love your input! Here's a brief description of the types of gatherings we have had in the past:
- Celebration of the Faithful - about an hour of songs, prayer, Scripture, reflection, communion - designed by anyone in the cohort, and shared with the group, followed by a potluck meal
- Community Night - each person shares latest news, triumphs, struggles, upcoming challenges, etc. The group listens and responds with affirmation.
- Discussion - about a book, a topic, a passage of Scripture, whatever we've been thinking about or reading lately. Usually suggested and led by one member of the group.
- Composting Stories - Reading and discussing a familiar story from Scripture, and then retelling it in our own words
- Faith, Film and Philosophy - Watch a thought-provoking film and discuss.
- Service Projects - such as picking up trash in the community or volunteering at a local agency
- Super Fun! - any sort of fun activity like games, concerts, festivals, parties, food, etc.
These are just a few of the things we do somewhat regularly. We have also had baby blessings, nature walks, singing, fire nights, prayer, and various guest speakers. We have met in coffee shops, libraries, parks, and of course, homes.
The cohort is only what we make it. These are just a few things we've done in the past that folks have seemed to enjoy and benefit from - but what do we want to do in the new year? Do we have new ideas, new areas we want to focus on, issues we are wrestling with, practices we want to introduce or revisit?
I look forward to hearing from different people in the cohort, even if you've only visited once or twice. My favorite thing about the cohort is seeing what happens when we collaborate, sharing our faith in various ways, and going through life together.
Feel free to post comments or ideas here on the blog, or come to the planning meeting Thursday night!