Welcome

The current installment of the COEC began meeting in 2007.

We are currently on a "break," for no particular reason, and many little reasons - mostly pertaining to life circumstances. If anyone is interested in calling a meeting, feel free to post on the blog, join the google group (see link below) and send an email, or contact either Nancy (nancykj10@yahoo.com) or Jesse (schroeder.jesse@gmail.com) for more information.

To receive cohort emails, join our Google group.

6.18.2008

Sat. Night Dinner Cancelled

Sorry to say that we won't be going to LowerLights this Sat. night. The dinner itself isn't canceled, but another church was already scheduled to provide the food. Somehow the dates and plans were miscommunicated amongst everyone involved.

I'm really sorry, because we had such a great response from everyone. However, I'm sure more opportunities will come soon enough. It's been great to see everyone in the cohort really support one another in different ways this week, and I have personally been encouraged by this commitment to each other.

As of now, plans for the weekend only involve perhaps meeting up somewhere Saturday night - nothing scheduled for Sunday. I guess if anyone has ideas, they can post them here.

2 comments:

Kristen Kuzmick said...

If anyone is interested in a field trip next Wednesday, Shane Claiborne's Jesus For President tour is coming to town. It starts at 7 p.m. and I'd be down for carpooling.

Let me know!

Kristen Kuzmick said...

Also, in light of the Xenos Summer Institute, I would encourage you to check out the recent weblog post on emergent village about the Fitch/Driscoll Cage Match over "emergent." http://www.emergentvillage.com/weblog/fitchdriscoll-cage-match

A very heated discussion followed on both David Fitch's blog (which I posted on) and the Out of Ur blog. I guess this may give you a taste of what may come in July (though, I certainly hope not).

While I don't know Driscoll personally nor have I read/listen to much of what he has to say, I just pray that God softens his spirit and builds within him gentleness and humility before he comes to Ohio because frankly, he kind of scares me.