Welcome

The current installment of the COEC began meeting in 2007.

We are currently on a "break," for no particular reason, and many little reasons - mostly pertaining to life circumstances. If anyone is interested in calling a meeting, feel free to post on the blog, join the google group (see link below) and send an email, or contact either Nancy (nancykj10@yahoo.com) or Jesse (schroeder.jesse@gmail.com) for more information.

To receive cohort emails, join our Google group.

12.12.2007

Hey, It's About Us!

Hey Emergent People,

I have spent the last few hours wandering among the links people have posted on blogs that in some way deal with the movement, and I stumbled upon this video of a 10 min. segment about the Emergent movement on PBS. Since I generally try not to know about things and have done a pretty good job of this when it comes to my faith, I learned a lot from it. Someone else might as well, so here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzZ14Sk9u9Y. There are the usual demonizers and staunch proponents (Brian!) but besides all of that the segment really made me think. For some reason it reminded me to love all of those Christians out there that for whatever reason totally disagree with me (now that I think about it, that was probably actually God).

No comments: