Welcome

The current installment of the COEC began meeting in 2007.

We are currently on a "break," for no particular reason, and many little reasons - mostly pertaining to life circumstances. If anyone is interested in calling a meeting, feel free to post on the blog, join the google group (see link below) and send an email, or contact either Nancy (nancykj10@yahoo.com) or Jesse (schroeder.jesse@gmail.com) for more information.

To receive cohort emails, join our Google group.

10.08.2005

in the end, the beginning

I imagine there are many Emergentesque folks in and around Columbus, Ohio. I had the privelege of dining with 4 this evening from up north around the Loudonville area. We had a good opportunity to sit down with Tony Jones and each person at the table shared an interest in wanting to connect with others to explore theology and praxis as they relate to the church.

In response, I propose a Central Ohio Emergent Cohort kickoff on Monday Night, November 7th from 7-9pm at the Polaris Parkway "Claddagh"

The Claddagh is just west of route 71 and hopefully is a decent meeting place for our northern friends. I'd envision the first gathering being a time of trading stories and uncovering hearts with some discussion of what a potential cohort could develop into. I'm sure a robust theological conversation won't be far behind.

Be sure to comment or email me if you are interested in joining the conversation. I look forward to meeting others desiring to engage in emergent ideas and encourage each other in kingdom work.

In the Love of the Father,
Jed Dearing

3 comments:

aaronsgross said...

thanks Jed for your willingness to take the lead here. last friday night in our conversation with Tony was a very encouraging time. hope to see you all join in on the conversation in november should be a very refreshing time. I'm not sure how this will all work out as far as the direction of each gathering, but here is a thought that has been rolling around in my head for some time now and would love some dialogue about it. many of our kids our in between both the modern world and postmodern world at least that is what i'm being told. but I have a tendency to think that our teens in our community are more postmodern than modern. how do I go about determining that or do I? hope this makes sense.

aaron gross (loudonville, oh)

Matt said...

Hi -

I'm up in the Waren-Youngstown area, & I was wondering if y'all knew of any emerging types up around here... drop me a line at mmthomas at fbcwarren dot com if you have any info.

Thanks!

::Matt Thomas

Tim said...

I just moved to Akron from the mpls area. I would love to get together with any one in the area. So my dumb question is how long does it take to get to colombus from akron?
I am also willing to help a North west cohort start as well. Contact me at revfitch@sbcglobal.net or 330 730 2041
Tim